Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Holy Bullpen Implosion, Batman!

Like most Jays fans last night, I went to bed in the 8th inning - I was exhausted and I figured we had the game in the bag.

The wonders of Baseball kicked me in the ass. I woke up to find out that the Jays' bullpen blew the game. WHAT?

Do I think this is the end of the team's potentially awesome season? Nope...unlike many Twitterfolk who now think our bullpen sucks, or that JPA doesn't know how to call a game.

Other than Purcey, the bullpen was the same as Saturday night - when they pitched 8 innings of work without giving up a run (until Rauch blew the game). What is it with some Jays' fans and their short-term memories?

And what was this about fans on Twitter actually being MAD that Encarnacion was hitting the ball yesterday?

Some fans just want to point out the negatives instead of looking at the positives.  They view it as being more passionate than other because they are "critical". I call BS. Being a fan should be a happy medium.

But back to Purcey - he's been DFA'd and AA believes he'll be able to trade him.  To me, not necessarily in regards to talent, he very much reminds me of Brandon League - everybody going on about his potential, but he's lucky to pitch his way out of a wet paper bag.  Potential can only get you so far - and there's a point where potential just doesn't cut it anymore.

And lastly - I won't dwell on it...but if you're a Jays fan on Twitter and you want to make jokes about some of the players, don't be ignorant. Do some research before you end up looking like a complete douchebag. Players are human too.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of when I went to bed early during Game 4 of the 1993 WS with the Phillies up 12-7 only to wake up the next morning to hear the Jays won 15-14. Part of what makes baseball a wonderful game is that "you never know".

    ReplyDelete