Thursday, March 31, 2011

'Twas the night before....opening night...

Nope. Not rewriting it. I'm sure every Baseball blogger's already rehashed that "parody" over and over and over again.  Plus, that's way too much effort.

Since Jays' Opening Night is sold out, I won't lie - I'm kinda worried.

In previous Opening Night related posts, I've mentioned how many asshats go to the home opener.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the deafening atmosphere.  But what's gonna happen when all the morons who can't hold their alcohol decide to be hooligans?

My mind doesn't always go to the negative when it comes to one of the best nights of the year. Will something special happen? I still get goosebumps thinking about the first home opener after Tom Cheek passed away and Bengie Molina hit a home run that hit Tom Cheek's name on the Level of Excellence. This year, Robbie and Pat Gillick are going to be honoured somehow - not quite sure what they're doing but I cannot wait.  Could this be the first retirement of a number for the Jays?

I'm already getting chills. I can already here the "Robbie" chants before he potentially makes a speech. I can picture the standing ovation Jose Bautista's going to get in the pregame ceremony as well.

6 months of waiting and torture all boil down to this moment. It's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment